Tell us a little about yourself & your background.

I always find this question difficult to answer, but here is my best attempt. I am half-Swedish and half-American and grew up in Dubai, U.A.E and Stockholm, Sweden. I moved to the United States to attend Macalester College and ended up staying after I graduated. This August marks my first year at Choices.

What is your favorite Choices Curriculum Unit? Why?

Freedom Now: The Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi. I really like the unit’s lessons, especially “Voices from Mississippi,” a collection of primary sources that detail the experiences of female student activists in Mississippi.

Tell us something interesting about yourself?

I love bike riding! I picked it up as a hobby when I lived in the Twin Cities, which has one of the most extensive networks of urban bike paths in the country.

What is the best part about working on the Choices Staff?

From day one, everyone has been very welcoming!

If you could trade jobs with any other person on the Choices Staff who would it be and why?

Tanya, Choices’ Video and New Media Producer, provided she is willing! I would appreciate knowing how to edit the footage for our Scholars Online Videos.

What is your favorite period in history/Topic in social studies?

Either the immediate aftermath of World War II in Europe or women’s history.

What are you working on now?

Leah and I are working on an upcoming unit, India’s Independence and the Partition of 1947. It will examine the era of British colonialism in India, the struggle for independence, and the legacy of the 1947 partition.