ISG has received several reports of an email request from an @brown.edu address, requesting that you accept their request to follow you. ISG advises that you not respond to it or click on any links. They also recommend that before deleting the email you report it as phishing (click on the down arrow to the right of the REPLY button and select “Report phishing”). You can read more about it here.
This is the new CIS blogThe new CIS blog contains features from Academic Technology, Information Security, Software Services, WebServices, and more.
Still need outage information? Recent posts and a link to the outage section can be found in the right side bar.
CIS Blog Sections
Search the CIS Blog
January 9th, 2013 by pfalcon
- Brown Wireless Network Access June 18, 2013We are aware of a problem with Wireless Access and are working to identify and resolve the issue. Between 2:10 and 2:25 pm there were brief wireless outages at various locations throughout campus. Functionality that may be impacted by this problem includes: connection to the Brown wireless network. […]
- Resolved: Wowza Audio and Video Streaming not accessible at this time June 17, 2013Update: 6/17 7:55pm – RESOLVED We are aware of a problem with Wowza Audio & Video Streaming and are working to identify and resolve the issue. This includes playback of Echo 360 captures. Functionality that may be impacted by this problem includes: access to and use of audio and video streaming. We will be posting […]
- Resolved: Issue with Echo360 video streaming and campus video streaming services June 17, 2013Update: 6/17 7:55pm – RESOLVED We are aware of a problem with Lecture Capture – Echo 360 and are working to identify and resolve the issue. Functionality that may be impacted by this problem includes: instructor recording of lecture audio, video and/or PowerPoint or other computer program display outputs. We will be posting all […]
- “Resource 25 Access Restored” email message June 11, 2013If you received an email regarding Resource 25, it was sent in error. You can disregard the email. It is not spam and/or a phishing attempt, and will not harm your computer. Simply delete the email. Please accept our apologies, Computing and Information Services […]
- KeyServer to a new host June 10, 2013UPDATE: 184.108.40.206 : The KeyServer migration planned for Thursday (6-13-13) has been reschedule for Friday (6-14-13). See posting from Monday (6-10-13) for further details. On Thursday 6/13/2013 we will be migrating the KeyServer to a new host which will also involve upgrading the shadow/backup servers after the primary server is complete. This migration wil […]
- Brown Wireless Network Access June 18, 2013