All faculty and graduate teaching assistants are encouraged to apply. No previous experience with using instructional technology is required. However, space is limited.
Consider applying if you are interested in:
- Creating digital media to help students help understand concepts from your course
- Opening alternative avenues for in-and out-of-class communication
- Providing online access to your course materials for students to review at their own pace
- Using digital assessment tools
- Implementing digital media assignments, but are unsure about how to implement them
- Exploring how new technologies can reshape pedagogies and would like to learn from other faculty
WHAT WILL I GAIN FROM ATTENDING?
In this four day immersive workshop, we’ll introduce you to technologies and resources that can help your students learn. You also have the opportunity to consult with colleagues and the staff of Academic Technologies, School of Professional Studies, and the Libraries as you:
- Rethink and redesign your course
- Develop an understanding of the course-related resources available to you and your students
- Get comfortable software that directly assists you in your course
- Gain confidence and independence using technology in your course
- Reflect on your course design with colleagues