ACOR Fellowship Opportunities for the 2018–2019 academic year are now online and the application portal is open. ACOR promotes study, teaching, and increased knowledge of ancient and Middle Eastern studies with Jordan as a focus.
We encourage you to share these opportunities widely with your networks. Complete information about all the ACOR Fellowships is online at https://www.acorjordan.org/about-acor-fellowships/.
ACOR is offering in this cycle:
- 2 – 3 residential fellowships for post-doctoral researchers for research or work leading to an academic publication
- 2 – 4 residential fellowships for pre-doctoral graduate students to fund dissertation research in Jordan
- 8 awards variously for travel, research, or accommodation for American and international students participating in ASOR affiliated archaeological projects in Jordan
- 7 awards for Jordanian undergraduate and graduate students pursuing studies in the sphere of cultural heritage and archaeology
- 2 awards for a Jordanian scholar or working professional to travel to the USA and present a paper at the the annual meeting of the American Schools of Oriental Research which will be held in Denver, Colorado in November, 2018 .
- 1 award for ACOR alumni of any nationality to present a paper in the USA at the annual Middle East Studies Association conference which will be held in San Antonio, Texas in November 15–18, 2018.
The deadline for applications is February 1, 2018 and awards will be announced by mid-April 2018.
Image above: Balloons over Wadi Rum, Jordan. Photo by Jane Taylor.