- OCRA upload problem – TA for PS148 (Peter R…) reported a problem uploading scanned articles, probably because of large file size. After checking with Shelley and Bart, I advised him of preferred settings (300 dpi, greyscale), but suggested that he bring in articles for the libray to scan if they were not needed in the first week.
Submitted: Referred by Shelley Lonergan, 1/24/2006
Status: Done (bb)
- Links to illiad server broken – Broken links from the DL database page http://dl.lib.brown.edu/databases.html (and also from Collections A to Z):
“European and American Paintings Collected by General Rush Hawkins” http://22.214.171.124:591/amb
“Gay men’s pulp literature” http://126.96.36.199:591/gaypulp
“Persian, mohgul…” http://188.8.131.52:591/dbminassian/default.htm
I checked with Patrick Yott, who said it was the illiad server and that I should contact Joe, which I did.
Submitted Ann Dodge, 1/24/06
Status: Pending; reported to Joe (bb) 1/24/06
- Library Resource Guides (MySQL/PHP)
On the Resource Guides, I have been wondering about the following:
1. Tracking the hits on each RG.
2. Adding my quarterly newsletters to each department as content on the RG.
Submitted by Lee Pedersen, January 27, 2006 8:09 AM
Status: Birkin is working on picard web stats; newsletter will be added to News & Announcements section (Lee thinks rss will be beyond some faculty.)
- SFX Menu Request
Direct import to RefWorks is available, but many people use Endnote and an import into endnote would be very useful.
There is information available in the Ex Libris documentation – Advanced SFX Management.ppt (Olybris Seminar)
Submitted by Brown Grad Student (Bio Med) via SFX Feedback Form, 1/25/2006 12:58 PM
- Library Web Changes - When time allows, please take down the following Web pages:
Links to the above pages should be removed from:
– http://www.brown.edu/Facilities/University_Library/Catalog/index.html and from:
– http://www.brown.edu/Facilities/University_Library/contacts.html (also from the contacts page, remove the hyperlink for Technical Services and the entire line for “Acquisitions”)
Also, please remove the Technical Services “Web Site” link from:
And remove the hyperlink for “staff” at:
Submitted by Sam Mizer, 1/27/2006 3:35 PM
Status: done (jmr)
Requests – Week January 23, 2006
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.