===== Areas below =====
* CDI Workflow
* ILL Request Reworking
* New Titles
* Q3 project list
Archive for October, 2006
===== Areas below =====
- Used regex to find outdated phone number on web site, completed
- E-resources db update
- Helped Ginine with organizational chart graphics/document
- Named Collections Task Force:
- Documented current linkages between major existing collection-related sites
- Began analyzing linkages
- Named Collections task force
- Created MS Access view of relationships & tables in collatoz database after importing in XML format
- Met with members of task force, will be mapping linkages of various existing relevant Brown sites, plus identifying obsolete information
- Side menu on gis.brown.edu completed
- MS Windows user profile (home directory) corrupted by WIndows update, repairing
- Used regex to find outdated phone number on web site, updating
– Meeting of Digital Library Programmer Search Committee; Set up preliminary phone interviews
– Put up page for faculty delivery (text from Bart) – http://dl.lib.brown.edu/libweb/facdel.php Limited number of characters available for URL in josiah email notice so got tiny url: http://tinyurl.com/yj8n3a
– Got ok to proceed with limited duration Web Content Editor position; sent info to Gloria
– Met with Ron and Steven to vet new display for library locations and hours page
– Put up quick & dirty data entry interface for Faculty Publications project; First student started work
– Archived sfx stats (7/1/05-6/30/06) – 346,201 records; Moved July-Sept 06 offline (133,363 records). Records must be moved offline to be queried; tables are supposed to be cleared before they reach 200,000 records.
– Ran rebuild of A-Z list
– Contacted Patrick L for read permission on directory containing uploaded pdfs from DRR-B.
– Oct 3 MetaLib Update
– Put /MODEL behind webauth; put my root walton directory behind an .htaccess file to prevent form & db spam
– Simmons Continuing Ed Workshop: Intermediate Perl (Sat, Oct 21)
– FAQ as searchable database for new library web – http://dl.lib.brown.edu/libweb/faq.php; follow-up: change domain searches in searchbox to seach FAQ instead
– Received call from Shirley Hwang at San Jose State asking how we developed our digital bookplate links in Josiah.
– Lubrano bookplate
– Hired two students for Faculty Publications project; need to create a quick & dirty interface so they can begin work
– Nelinet Conference IT Conference: “Social Networking – Plugging Libraries into Web 2.0″
– Talk at the Nelinet conference on “Speaking the Language of the Millennials” emphasized they like interactivity & polls were specifically mentioned. Did up a prototype for new library web – http://dl.lib.brown.edu/includes/poll_inc.php
– Conversation with seb about InfoGate’s low profile. How about making the top ten list an optional cross-search – http://dl.lib.brown.edu/libweb/includes/topten.php
- E-journal list updated
- Friends page updates
- Side menu on gis.brown.edu
- Created library & earthlab logos created for umbrella gis website
- Top menu completed for umbrella gis home page; side menu begun
- Helped investigate off-campus access issue
– NEASIST Conference (Tufts) – “The Dawn of the Embedded Library: Integrating Library Services into People’s Trusted Networks”
– Modified digital bookplates admin interface to allow for “collections”.
– Totally frustrated with Josiah scope defaulting to JCB for permalinks! I’ve started to add “~S7″ to codes on php pages with Josiah permalinks, e.g. http://library.brown.edu/record=b3511775~S7: digital bookplates; ejournals
– Fixed spam problem in Josiah error report form using regular expressions.
– Verisign certificate installed – EZBorrow is now https
– Work up randomized database version of news for web redesign; Added HR director to employment listings and moved page to new design.
– Met with GY and BB to load new batch of SS records; after a few tweaks to the loader the records were successfully loaded.
– Received go-ahead to hire students to begin work on creating access links to faculty publications in the DRR-B.