OCRA — Integration with banner; Full integration with Brown EARs; Current work: Links to licensed music to reduce need for digitization; Book request form populated via Josiah search
easyBorrow — Addition of InRhode completes service path; Single interface for user tracking of easyBorrow requests; simplified request form. Presentations for Gateway staff. Current work: auto-registration of users in ILLiad; use of WC accession no. or other value and xISBN to increase non-ILLiad fulfillment; Re-direct failed requests back to easyBorrow without the user having to re-key request.
Library Web — Continued streamlining of content & conversion of pages to new style; Change of <library.brown.edu> to <josiah.brown.edu> in anticipation of move to new server over intersession.
Josiah — Implementation of My Josiah Account (saved searches, reading history, staff view available on the web); installation of latest software patch; Installation of majax allows us to do real-time josiah look-ups for bibliographic AND holdings/status info
Digital Bookplates — Biweekly mtgs to improve policies and procedures; Conference call with MIT; inclusion of medical endowments; automation project to import invoice information into item records
Equipment Requests — Budget approved and equipment being ordered
NAST –Brown is participating in the pilot project of the (soon to be renamed) North American Storage Trust.
- COE Financial Data — Server purchased & installed; data sets loaded and imported into MySQL database
- Archivist Toolkit — Installed and configured; To be tested by G. Gaidmore
- Serials Solutions — MARC record loaders; manipulation of Josiah records to discover matches; A-Z list, synchronization with SFX
- Friedman DVDs — create/implement circulation policies, MARC record loader; web-list & website
- Media Services equipment–record creation, create/implement circulation policies
- Rock carrels — manage via Josiah, record creation
- John Hay use of Josiah circulation — planning to automate “relocation tub”, make use of checkout feature for in-library paging and use, explore other uses of inventory control functions for Hay
- Annex transfers – identified and produced pull slips for circa 20,000 Rock monographs, levels B and 3; working on streamlining serial transfers
— ZENworks training (Joe Mancino)
— IUG: Programs on digital bookplates, use of APIs
— Nercomp: easyBorrow