The library has scheduled an update and associated maintenance for the library catalog software on Tuesday, March 26 beginning at 10 am. This will require approximately eight hours of downtime for the library catalog and services tied to the software API. We chose this date to reduce the number of faculty, staff, and students affected by downtime.
We don’t expect the system to be down for more than eight hours, but we will send out an update should that time be extended for any reason. This update from version 3.4 to 4.2 will bring the library to the current release of this software and should resolve many outstanding issues.
Services interrupted include:
- Requesting/paging items from any library or the Library Annex will be delayed
- Patron records may not immediately reflect item returns and checkout
- BorrowDirect requests will not work, but ILLiad will remain online
- Classic Josiah will be down. Patrons will still be able to search ‘New’ Josiah though item availability information will not populate
- Any link using josiah.brown.edu from Canvas, syllabi, various content management systems, or other communications will not work during downtime
Thank you for your patience and understanding while we work to improve services and facilitate world-class, innovative research.