We hope you like the new Medical Connections and welcome your comments and suggestions.
This message includes the following topics:
1. Evaluating PsychiatryOnline
2. Links to full-text from PubMed
3. New feature in Josiah, Brown’s online catalog
4. American Hospital Directory
- PsychiatryOnline Trial – Ends May 1, 2006
The Library will be evaluating PsychiatryOnline during a trial period that will end on May 1, 2006. Please try it and email your comments to Janet_Crager@brown.edu. We’d like to know if you think it would be a useful addition to the Brown Library’s online medical resources.
PsychiatryOnline is an information package from the American Psychiatric Association that includes the following:
- DSM-IV-TR® Handbook of Differential Diagnosis
- DSM-IV-TR® Casebook and its Treatment Companion
- The American Psychiatric Association Practice Guidelines in both comprehensive and quick reference formats
- The American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of Clinical Psychiatry, Fourth Edition
- The American Journal of Psychiatry, Psychiatric Services, Academic Psychiatry, the Journal of Neuropsychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, Psychosomatics, and Psychiatric News
- Plus a unified index to search all of these resources simultaneously.
From the Library’s E-resources page, click on Database Trials. After you authenticate, choose PsychiatryOnline from the list provided. The trial period ends May 1, 2006.
- Links to Full-Text from PubMed
In order to be able to access the full text articles from the abstract in PubMed, you need to first link to PubMed through the Brown network. After putting in your Brown AuthID and password, you can get to PubMed from:
- New Feature in Josiah, Brown’s Online Catalog
Now patrons can login to view personal circulation information and renew books using their Brown AuthID and password.
- American Hospital Directory
The American Hospital Directory provides data for over 6,000 hospitals and covers hospital cost reports, hospital profiles, department statistics, IP and Op data, quality measures and other public use files.
For now we have access only to the 2004 data from the Rockefeller Library Cluster Computers on the first floor. For assistance you may contact Thomas_Stieve@Brown.edu at the Rock.
If you have questions about library resources or services — please be in touch.
Medical School Librarian