About me

I am a student at Brown University concentrating in Archaeology and the Ancient World (as a member of the Swearer Center’s Engaged Scholars Program) and also completing an Independent Concentration in Critical Thought and Global Social Inquiry. In 2019–20 I will be an Undergraduate Fellow at the Cogut Institute for the Humanities. I serve as an undergraduate representative on the College Curriculum Council and play clarinet in the Brown University Orchestra and various groups on campus.

My work is broadly concerned with non-colonial forms of world-making. My senior thesis explores the thought of Hannah Arendt to investigate precolonial, decolonial, and postcolonial figures of the world. I am especially interested in placing Arendt’s ideas of action and natality as forces that open up the world against her Hegelian, Marxist, phenomenological, and Augustinian influences. I am equally committed to exploring non-colonial forms of world-making through more empirical methods. For instance, I am currently involved in an NSF-funded project that uses isotopic analysis of early modern North Atlantic textiles to explore patterns of trade, globalization, and women’s labor. I also work on a project on John Wesley Gilbert, the first African-American to earn a graduate degree from Brown University and to attend the American School of Classical Studies at Athens. My commitment to engaged scholarship runs through my work. For instance, I have worked on archaeological ethnography and community archaeology projects in Koutroulou Magoula, a Neolithic site in central Greece. I have also worked with Women’s Refugee Care, a Providence NGO founded and run by Congolese refugees, to conduct and translate interviews for their website. For more examples of my work, please see my portfolio.

Curriculum vitae

No Title

No Description