Go here: Log in
Category Archives: Help
How Do I Add Users To My Blog?
Log in to your blog as the Site Admin, then in your Dashboard, on the left side, see a drop down that says “Users”. Click “Add New.”
You have to enter the user’s eppn. This is their username (short id) combined with @brown.edu. For instance, Josiah Carberry’s would be ‘[email protected]’ Then enter the user’s email address. For instance, ‘[email protected]’ Then choose a role for that user. Which role should you pick?
Summary of Roles
- Administrator – Somebody who has access to all the administration features
- Editor – Somebody who can publish posts, manage posts as well as manage other people’s posts, etc.
- Author – Somebody who can publish and manage their own posts
- Contributor – Somebody who can write and manage their posts but not publish posts
- Subscriber – Somebody who can read comments/comment/receive news letters, etc.
How Do I Get My Own Blog?
For course blogs: Please make your course blog request using courses.brown.edu.
For non-course blogs: use the online blog request form.