Getting Started with CareerLAB
CareerLAB Welcomes ALL Masters Students!
All masters students are welcome at CareerLAB right from the start of their time at Brown! For masters students who spend two semesters here, we advise connecting with us as early possible.
Our services for Masters Students include:
- ½ hour confidential advising appointments with a Career Counselor via Zoom
- Walk-ins (on hold)
- Mock interviews via Zoom
- Masters Job Search Series
- Resume and Cover Letter reviews
- Access to Brown Connect, Brown’s on-line alumni network
- Access to Brown’s recruiting program, including employer info sessions, Career Fairs, job postings and on-site interviews via Handshake
Getting started with CareerLAB for Masters Students:
- Activate your Handshake account and complete the career interests so we can send you tailored information.
- Use Handshake to make a ½ hour career counseling appointment to discuss your goals and how to best use your time at Brown.
- Work with us on an updated resume – distinguish your new skills and experiences.
- Have a quick question or need a resume or cover letter check? Walk-ins are ideal.
- Learn about our recruiting program, including career fairs, employer information sessions, hundreds of job postings, and on campus interviewing.
- Get familiar with Brown Connect, our on-line alumni network, as well as the Brown University LinkedIn Alumni Page
- Attend our Masters Job Search Series which includes programs on Finding a Job/Brown’s Resources; Resume Writing; Interviewing; and Using Social Media.
- Ready for interviewing? Schedule a practice interview with us first, on Handshake.
Connect with CareerLAB for the latest information about programs:
- Handshake – your best source for all CareerLAB information
- Today@Brown – all programs and announcements are posted here
- Events@Brown – the University calendar shows daily events
- GS-NOTICE – Sign up for the grad listserves!
Email CareerLAB@Brown.edu with any questions