Final Project: BCI

I did my project on brain computer interfacing, with a specific focus on using electroencephalography to control robotic movement. Robotics has been a passion of mine for years, and I think that one of its best applications could arise from its integration with neuroscience. When apart – and especially when together – these topics are exciting, interesting, and potentially life-altering.

I tried to communicate this point, in addition to giving a general background on the subject, through the use of a video. This medium allowed me to animate the ideas and hopefully help solidify the viewer’s understanding.

Unfortunately, the video is too large to directly embed into this blog post, so I have instead linked it through a website, which is attached below. I look forward to reading your feedback!

http://nexote.net/ava/

8 responses to “Final Project: BCI”

1. Alexie Diakite says:

Wow! I thought your video was amazing. It was so interesting, and visually pleasing. I especially enjoyed to hear about your goals for the future. Good luck!

2. Carlos Aizenman says:

That was great! You’re so much better at this than I am! I think the video and the topic were very well thought out, your explanations were very clear and you do a good job of envisioning future uses of the BCI technology.

On a technical note, what software did you use to generate the little whiteboard animations?

• Ava Lakmazaheri says:

Thank you! I used VideoScribe to animate my drawings and Camtasia Studio to put everything together.

3. Teja Kadewari says:

I enjoyed the video. It was an interesting way to display the information. Good luck on your future goals you mentioned!

4. Samantha Nell says:

Your video was great! The graphics were incredible and your information was accessible and detailed. I hope you have good luck with the future goals you mentioned!

5. Cyrene Nicholas says:

This video was amazing!! What program did you use?

• Ava Lakmazaheri says:

Thank you! I used iDraw to make the illustrations, VideoScribe to animate them, and Camtasia Studio to compose everything.

6. Laura Kloepper says:

This was just wonderful. Very thorough, informative, entertaining, and professional. It’s clear you put a lot of time and effort into this. I think it’s great that you’ve been able to use the information you learned in this course and apply it to your interest of robotics.

And thanks for introducing me to a new software. VideoScribe seems great!