Final Project! Biological and Chemical Causes of Mental Illnesses

zine1  zinee2 zinee3  zinee4 zinee5 zine6 zine7 zine8 zine9  zinee10 zine11 zine12

I chose my topic because I have been interested in mental illness for a while, it just fascinates me the different things that can go wrong in the brain.  I chose to do a series of ‘zines because the neurotransmitter ‘zine was one of my favorite projects.  I did the zines on my computer this time, instead of doing them by hand because I think it looks more sophisticated, and it was easier to add graphics.  Unfortunately, I couldn’t figure out how to rotate the top columns of the zines, so it can’t be printed and folded.  My target audience is people in waiting rooms at psychiatrist offices.  I stuck to a question and answer format so that it is easier to follow along with.  My citations/sources are listed on the “back cover” of each zine.

2 responses to “Final Project! Biological and Chemical Causes of Mental Illnesses”

1. Carlos Aizenman says:

Wow! There’s so many of them, almost like a mini-encyclopedia of mental illness. I can also see medical students using these to keep their facts straight. Nice job!

2. Laura Kloepper says:

Fantastic! You can tell a lot of work went into these. I like how you maintained the same structure/organization throughout all of these. It’s also a great balance of text and images. If you import this into a graphics software, you can simply cut the top part and rotate it so it would be printable.