The Canvas User Group meets monthly as a space for Brown faculty to share best practices, communicate issues, and learn what’s new in Canvas based on recent product releases.
When: Thursday, August 27, 2015 1:00 PM
Where: ETC 201 (CIT building, 115 Waterman street)
Sign up here and let us know you are coming.
- Review Notable Release Notes
- Welcome back: What’s new in Canvas?
- Semester Start:
Notable Product Releases & Updates
- Accept new Terms & Conditions
- Student Interaction Report (from People tool)
- Student Assignment submission button relocated
- Previously mentioned:
- Save & Publish Button
- Ability to “Like” posts in Discussions
- Better File Browsing
- Differentiated Assignments by Individuals – special assignments per student (option to excuse a student coming soon after)
- Etherpad – deprecated June 6th
- Calendar – option to choose colors
- Students can download all assignment submissions from User Profile
What worked? What didn’t work?
Have questions about these updates or want to schedule a consultation? Attend the user group or contact ITG@brown.edu for more information.
To get notifications on ITG events and new blog posts, subscribe to the blog using the form at the bottom of the page.