The San Gemini Preservation Studies Program is a conservation field school in Italy that offers classes and a rare opportunity for students to obtain hands-on experience restoring original, ancient artifacts. The list of courses includes:
Session One (May 30 – June 24)
- Building Restoration – Touching the Stones
- Archaeological Ceramics Restoration
- Book Bindings Restoration
Session Two (July 11 – August 5)
- Paper Restoration
- Traditional Materials, Methods of Painting and Art Restoration Issues
- Preservation Theory and Practice in Italy
Intersession Field Trip – Italy (June 26 – July 5)
Intersession Field Trip – Athens (June 27 – July 8)
Intersession Program – The History of Food in Italy (June 27 – July 8)
Courses are open to students from various disciplines, both undergraduate and graduate.
To find out more about our programs and review the syllabi, please visit our website: www.sangeministudies.org.