The 5th Biennial Borderlands International Graduate Student Conference
Forging Faith(s) in Global Borderlands
University of California, Santa Barbara
March 11-13, 2016
The Borderlands Research Focus Group at the University of California, Santa Barbara invites graduate scholars from all disciplines to submit abstracts for papers addressing the theme of Forging Faith(s) in Global Borderlands.
Please send a 300-word abstract to UCSBborderlands2016@gmail.com by
December 20, 2015 **deadline extended to January 8, 2016 ** to be considered. Please see the attached call for paper for more information. Further questions can be directed to UCSBborderlands2016@gmail.com.
Organizing Committee Members
UCSB Borderlands Conference 2016
“Forging Faith(s) in Global Borderlands”
2016 – UCSB Borderlands CfP
The Theoretical Roman Archaeology Conference (TRAC) Standing Committee and TRAC 2016 Local Organising Committee are pleased to announce the Call for Papers for the 26th annual Theoretical Roman Archaeology Conference (TRAC 2016), which will be held in Rome, Italy from 16-19 March 2016. Please see full details below or on the TRAC website at: http://trac.org.uk/conferences/trac2016/
Please share this message with your colleagues, friends, staff members, students, etc.
Deadline: 18 December 2015
Call for Papers: full details
Proposals for papers are invited for the TRAC general session(s) or for one of the accepted thematic sessions. Paper proposals should be no longer than 300 words, and must clearly indicate the intended session(s) for which the paper is proposed. Limited space is available in the thematic sessions, so if a thematic session is oversubscribed, submitted papers will also be considered for the general session(s). The deadline for proposals is 18 December, 2015.
Paper proposers should note the following:
• Presentations should last no longer than 30 minutes
• Speakers should leave sufficient time at the end of their papers for questions from the audience
• The official conference languages are English and Italian
• Unfortunately, TRAC cannot cover the costs of speakers’ travel and accommodation to attend the Conference (a limited number of bursaries will be available through separate schemes by competitive application; details will be made available on the joint RAC/TRAC 2016 conference registration website when this goes live)
• This is a participative conference where more than half the delegates are speaking, so all delegates are expected to pay the conference fee. This helps keep the fees as low as possible and also maximises participation and engagement.
Proposals for papers must include the following information:
• Title of the Paper
• Name, affiliation, postal address and email of the proposer(s)
• Title of the themed session in which they would like to offer a Paper (or ‘General’ if outside a themed session)
• A short abstract/description of the theme or subject area of the Paper (not more than 300 words)
Session organisers should also note the following:
• They will need to instruct the speakers included in their original submission to send in their Paper proposals and abstract
• Additional Papers are likely to be offered for all sessions. The final list of speakers at the Conference will be decided by session organisers, with advice from the TRAC 2016 Local Organising Committee
• TRAC cannot cover the costs of speakers’ travel and accommodation to attend the Conference
Proposals should be sent by email to the TRAC 2016 Local Organising Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org AND to the lead organiser of the session the Paper is intended for. Proposals received after 18 December will not be considered.
Please click here for a list of available TRAC 2016 sessions (including contact details for session organisers).
Thank You. We look forward to seeing your paper proposals!
TRAC 2016 Local Organizing Committee
Roberta Cascino (British School at Rome/University of Southampton)
Francesco De Stefano (Sapienza, Università di Roma)
Antonella Lepone (Sapienza, Università di Roma)
Chiara Maria Marchetti (Università degli Studi di Verona)
Jeremia Pelgrom (Koninklijk Nederlands Instituut Rome)
TRAC Standing Committee
Dr Darrell J. Rohl (Chair)
Ian Marshman (Vice Chair)
Dr Lisa Lodwick (Treasurer)
Alexandra Guglielmi (Secretary)
Matthew Mandich (TRAC 2015 Local Representative)