Each summer the University of Pisa offer a special summer course of Archaeology in the Abruzzo region (central Italy). The Archaeological summer school in Abruzzo (Italy) 2016 is a four-week course organized in collaboration with Soprintendenza Archeologia dell’Abruzzo and with the important support of other research centers for Mediterranean studies: ICCOM-CNR U.O.S. of Pisa, Institute for Mediterranean Studies (IMS) of Crete and INGV of Roma. The aim of our intensive course is to increase awareness and competencies about archaeological and methodological issues through an intensive four weeks program of lectures, laboratory and field activities.
Essential Information about the Summer School:
- School activities will be carried out in Abruzzo, one of the most beautiful region in central Italy.
- School dates: July 11th to August 7th, 2016 (deadline May 15)
- Field activities will be carried out in two important sites: Colle Santo Stefano (Neolithic period) and Alba Fucens (Roman site), in order to provide students with in-depth knowledge of techniques and methodologies of modern archaeological research.
- Our program give to any participant 10 ECTS (European academic system)*and is open to undergraduate, graduate and post graduate students.
- To apply is necessary to fill and send the application form (downloadable from the website).
- Fees: 2150 Euro (cost includes the school activities, accommodation and meals. International travel and all other than not specified are unfortunately not included).
*For non-European students is the administrative office of their University liable for transfer and recognizing of credits. In case of need, the administrative office can ask for documents, necessary to facilitate credits transfer, to the Support Summer School office of Pisa University. (Support Summer School office: email@example.com).
To find more information about our program, visit our web-site: http://www.cfs.unipi.it/summerschool-abruzzo/ or our Facebook-page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Summer-School-of-Archaeology-Abruzzo-Italy-University-of-Pisa/1402573946710809
For questions please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com