SALVE REGINA UNIVERSITY SUMMER ARCHAEOLOGY PROGRAM
Apply by February 15, 2017.
Program dates: May 22 – June 16, 2017.
Course Offered: SOA/CHP 390 : Field School in Historical Archaeology (3 or 6 credits)
Dr. Jon Bernard Marcoux
All course fulfillments are subject to approval by an advisor.
- Receive training in archaeological excavation techniques while working at a major 18th century plantation site.
- Learn about the early history of European settlers, Native Americans, and enslaved Africans in New England.
- Explore the unique historical and cultural landscape of South County and Newport, Rhode Island.
- Open to all students
- Minimum 2.7 cumulative GPA
- Availability of academic credits to fulfill degree requirements
- Good disciplinary, financial and academic standing at the time of program departure.
- Participation in mandatory pre-departure orientation sessions
Program Fee with housing: $2695 (3 credit) $3950 (6 credits)
Included in this fee:
3-6 credits Salve Regina University tuition
Ground transportation as needed by group itinerary
Three group meals
Official excursions and entrance fees
Housing and Accommodations at Salve Regina University in double occupancy rooms with a shared kitchen
*The fee for students who do not require accommodations can be ad-justed, amount TBD.
Not Included in this fee:
- Transportation to and from Rhode Island
- Most meals
- Personal Expenses (recreation, tips, laundry, snacks, etc.)
- Personal transportation in free time/vacations
*Note: No flights should be booked until programs are confirmed and meeting times and locations are officially communicated to partici-pants.
$1200 Deposit due by Friday, March 4, 2017. Your deposit holds your space in the program. Please be aware that there is a withdrawal and refund policy outlined in your Participation Agreement. Final Pay-ment due by Sunday, May 1, 2017. The Business Office will generate an invoice for the remainder of the program fee in April.
Consult with your Financial Aid Counselor. Generally, only parent plus loans are applicable to short-term study abroad programs.
Salve Regina study abroad scholarships are reserved for full-time se-mester and year-long programs. Research your non-Salve Regina scholarship options at: www.salve.edu/study-abroad/study-abroad-scholarships
How to Apply
Complete online application and submit all required supplemental materials to the Office of International Programs by the application deadline. Detailed application instructions available at: salve.edu/study-abroad/short-term-programs
Questions? email Dr. Marcoux (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Office of International Programs, Salve Regina University Drexel Hall | 100 Ochre Point Avenue | Newport, RI 02840