The Lemmermann Foundation awards a limited number of fellowships to master’s students and doctoral candidates in order to support their cost of research in the classical studies and humanities. Topic of research must be related to Rome and the Roman culture of any period, from the Pre-Roman period to the present day time.
Applicants must provide evidence for their need to study and carry out research in Rome, Italy.
1. be enrolled in a recognized University program
2. have a basic knowledge of the Italian language
3. be 35 years of age or younger at application deadline
Deadline for sending applications is March 31, 2019.
The monthly amount is established in 750 euro.
Applicants are requested to send their original application to the Lemmermann Foundation’s office in Rome by March 31, 2019 (postmark deadline) and include the electronic application number that is obtained upon completion of the on-line application form.
- The Foundation is unable to return any documents sent by the applicants. Please do NOT send any original documents.
- Applicants who are resident in Lazio are excluded from the award; however, students from Lazio with outstanding proposals can be awarded with a una-tantum grant of research of 500 euro.
- At its own discretion, the Lemmermann Foundation’s scientific committee will select award winning students upon the basis of their credentials and potential contributions to the scientific community. All committee’s decisions are final.
- Recipients must return the signed contract within 2 months of its reception.
- After 12 months have passed without any communication from the recipient, the scholarship will be revoked for all legal purposes.
Applications must be sent by March 31, 2019 to:
c/o Studio Associato Romanelli
via Cosseria 5 00192 Rome – ITALY
For more information visit http://www.lemmermann-foundation.org/