We are pleased to send out the Second Circular for the Broadening Horizons – 3** Congress, which will be held at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, between 19 – 21 July, 2010.
The aim of this event is to create a focus on landscape and the societies who peopled/settled the Eastern Mediterranean and the Near East. We hope to facilitate communication among young archaeological scientists from different fields and it is an excellent opportunity for dialogue, discussion and exchange of data and ideas.
Registration is now open! Both oral papers and poster presentations are acceptable.The deadline for submitting abstracts is Friday 17th April, 2010! Abstracts should be in English, no more than 300 words in length. You should also mention which session you would like your contribution to be included in.You can find the registration form in the BH3 website.
We invite participants to discuss any of the BH3 themes, namely:
- The exploitation of the natural environment and subsistence strategies.
- The impact of human dynamics on landscape evolution.
- The socio-economic reconstruction of ancient societies based on archaeological, historical or environmental records.
- Settlement patterns and exchange networks.
- The application of new technologies in archaeological research.
Further information about the meeting is now available at the Congress’ website http://broadeninghorizons3.uab.cat .
The website also contains details about registration, payment and accommodation.
Please note that:
1) The Registration Form must be sent as soon as possible. Online registration for participants will be open until July 10th, 2010. Participants wishing to register after this date will have to do so in person at the venue.
2) Payment must be made to WOCMES 2010. Full instructions are available onhttp://wocmes.iemed.org/en/registration-instructions/subseccio. All participants in the Broadening Horizons 3 conference will pay 50€. Please select *Participants eligible for fee reduction.
Remember that the registration fee includes all Broadening Horizons 3 events (open sessions, inaugural sessions, refreshments, and conference abstracts) as well as entry to the full WOCMES 2010 programme ( http://wocmes.iemed.org/).
Please direct any questions to: [email protected]