Response to #LibraryLove 2019
Thank you to all the students, staff, and faculty who took the time to write 103 sticky notes expressing your affection for all things Brown University Library this past Valentine’s Day. We loved reading them! Here are a few of our favorite messages:
- I love that the library is always there for me when I’m struggling
- I love the U-FLi Center on the 5th floor and the constant presence of community
- Love the library and the great people who care for it.
- Best security guards on campus!
- I live here.
- The night guard who is always nice and asks me about my day
- The SciLi has been like home for me. I’m always here.
- I love studying with friends in the study rooms!
- The people are so friendly here! Thank you to all the dedicated staff!
- I love the wonderful friends turned family I’ve met while studying here.
- Thank you to everyone who makes the SciLi feel like a home
- Love all the friendly librarians at the Hay
- I love my wonderful mentors and friends at the Hay
- I love the Orwig scanner-copier!
- I love the secret practice room!
- I love all the music and love for music in the air
- I love the power I feel finding books!
- Love the student workers!
- Free libraries got me here. Love.
- Shoutout to the people who work in Interlibrary Loan!
- Someone was nice enough to leave my glasses at the front desk when I lost them here!
- To the librarian with the awesome haircut (you know you you are): awesome haircut!
- Thanks for being so kind. You’re the best.
- People in Circ are the best!
- I love libraries and people who love libraries!
- I love the subject librarians and their diverse knowledge!
- I love the Rock b/c I live here!
- Thank you for staying up late with us while we work!
- So many possibilities in every book!
- Thanks for such a warm and friendly place to study.
Over 1,000 cookies were eaten and we mailed 111 cards from the Friends of the Library collection.
In addition, people were invited to post messages online.
We hope that the #LibraryLove event brightened your Valentine’s Day as much as it did for us. We love the members of the Brown University community, we stand ready to help you with all your research and study needs, and we look forward to sharing the love once again on Valentine’s Day 2020!
Cookies and Stickies
This Valentine’s Day — Thursday, February 14 — let us know what you love about the Brown University Library, enjoy some cookies, and write a love letter.
There will be cookies in four library locations along with sticky notes and pens. We invite you to write what you love about the Library on a sticky note and put it up on the wall.
Share the Love on Social
We’ll take some photos of the sticky notes and post them to Instagram and Twitter.
- @BrownUniversityLibrary on Insta
- @BrownLibrary on Twitter
We’d love to see your photos, too! Be sure to use #LibraryLove and #BrownLibrary so we can like, comment, and share.
Not on campus? Create a virtual love letter to the Library.
Send a Letter
Complimentary greeting cards from the Friends of the Library collections will be available at each location. Please help yourself to a card (or several), write a note, seal and address the envelope (you will need to know the address), and place it in the box labeled “CARDS.” The Library will mail the cards for you!
Date: Thursday, February 14, 2018
Time: All day
- Rockefeller Library, Sorensen Family Reading Room
- John Hay Library, First Floor Lounge
- Sciences Library, Lobby
- Orwig Music Library, Circulation Area