The Brown University Library is offering a $1000 prize for the creation of the most effective and innovative working prototype of a mobile app (stand-alone or web-based) designed to enhance access to or use of the Library.
Timetable and Process:
- Informational meeting on Tuesday, February 11 at noon in the Rockefeller Library Hecker Center (first floor).
- Initial proposals are due on or before February 15: Apply Here.
- All proposals will be evaluated by a team of library staff. Successful proposals will be announced by February 21.
- Presentation by applicants of final working prototypes will be held on April 15 in the Rockefeller Library Digital Scholarship Lab.
- A panel of faculty and library staff judges will determine the winners.
- Contestants must be currently enrolled Brown undergraduate students.
- Projects may created by individuals or teams
- Winning projects remain the intellectual property of the contestant(s), but the winning contestant will grant a non-exclusive perpetual license to Brown University for its internal non-commercial use.
For more info visit the official “Library Innovation Prize” page.