How do we start playing Myst? Well, it is quite simple. Click on the Myst icon on the desktop and you are immediately brought into this different “world.” With such a simple procedure, one can explore and live in a completely different world without the need of physically traveling to that space. According to the designer of Myst, it is an “environment to just wander around inside of.” Myst indeed was an exploration of a virtual space, as I, or perhaps more accurately speaking, the main hero of the game, navigated through various locations on the Myst Island. Through repetitive processes, I eventually learned the geography of that virtual space as if I learned the locations of different academic buildings on campus. I no longer needed the map; I could climb to the top of the tower and literally “see” the island from different perspectives. These sorts of achieving the sense of direction in a virtual space not only surprised me, but it also made me think about how an individual can possibly get trapped in such navigable spaces. We are all familiar with stories of serious game addicts who would spend hours in front of the computer with just a keyboard and a mouse, constantly exploring and fulfilling the goals within that space, while sometimes forgetting about the real world that his physical body is placed within. It can get to a point where the line between a virtual space and the physical space becomes blurry. In a game like Sims, people can create representative characters of themselves or of other people and create a virtual world in which the space is once again navigable for those characters. I see this space as a utopia, a placeless place that only exists virtually and has only a few connections to the physical world. Entering into this space is as simple as a click on the mouse, but getting out of that space may not be so simple. Of course, I am speaking only in terms of navigable spaces in games, and there are other instances where the navigable space has increasingly become a “new tool of labor” in various fields like architectural designs, stock markets, and virtually in all visualizations of any given information. In terms of games, however, I do think that the ease of entering in and out of navigable spaces can sometimes lead to problems related to addiction to the game and confusion with the real world.