Terranova describes the digital economy as “an important area of experimentation with value and free cultural/affective labor.” (38) By “labor,” she is pointing to forms of production like web design and multimedia production. There are also “labor” that seem less obvious at first, such as chat, real-life stories, etc. (38) Terranova argues that such labor “is not exclusive to the so-called knowledge workers, but is a pervasive feature of the postindustrial economy,” meaning that virtually anyone can provide free labor to the digital economy through different means (35). They are voluntarily pursuing in those activities, “not only because capital wants them to; they are acting out a desire for affective and cultural production that is nonetheless real just because it is socially shaped.” (37) In other words, capitalism is not the only drive for the free laborers, but other social reasons are behind their voluntary “labor” efforts. These days, I began to realize how Facebook could become a powerful marketing tool. Facebook users are never forced to join Facebook. Instead, they join voluntarily, simply to stay connected with friends and other networks of people. Every once in a while, they update statuses and post photos of themselves at a fun party, at a restaurant, at a school event, at a family gathering and so forth. Once, my friend and I were looking at our mutual friend’s profile, where she posted a photo of cupcakes she bought at a bakery in New York. I immediately commented on her photo, asking where the bakery was located at so that I can visit there the next time I go into the city. She commented in response to my comment, and now, anyone who sees the picture would know where to go for those delicious-looking cupcakes. The next time I visited the city, my friends and I went to the bakery. We all posted photos of the cupcakes, and now more people knew about the bakery and wanted to get some. It suddenly became a trendy activity among our friends to visit that bakery. From our perspective, we wanted to post the photos because we somehow feel compelled to share photos of our daily lives and sometimes even flaunt about the fancy restaurants we go to; this is the cultural and social aspect of the Internet. As a byproduct of these activities, we are providing free labor to the producers and manufacturers. We are marketing the products by sharing personal photos on Facebook, Twitter, and other blogs “voluntarily and unwaged.” (33) In a capitalistic society, the producers exploit these free labors to extend marketing and make improvements on their products.