I enjoyed how we left off wednesday’s lecture with an amazon order. Nathan’s hands physically only touched his keyboard, yet they set in motion a series of events that will not only move objects but will also move bodies in space. Because of this simple motion, a living person will handle the product Nathan ordered – packaging it, sorting it, and delivering it until it lands in Nathan’s hands. Though we may laugh at the Bell System telephone commercial, with it’s corny (creepy?) slogan, “Reach out and touch someone,” it reflects Thrift’s notion of collapsing space through the touch of technology. The Medium is the Massage argues that the form is more important than content. I certainly agree that medium is embedded in message, but to claim form is more important than content practically denies the need for content. Though form affects how we touch, I think content effects the reactionary touch, or action. Thrift states that “entities that are able to be touched will correspondingly expand; all manner of entities will be produced with an expanded sensory range” in his second point on how touch will change in the qualculative world. I believe it is the message, not the medium that most highly effects how the recipient physically reacts to a technological “touch.” Evident in your amazon order, the content of the message produces the physical reaction of amazon employees. Similarly, message effected reactions in LambdaMOO. These notions of body were brought up last week in A Rape in Cyberspace, and I think these ideas persist in the context of windows, screens and space.  It’s clear to me that body can no longer be defined as the solid “meat puppet” we identify with as our container, as Thrift recognizes. “[The] body schema extends well beyond the body’s apparent physical limit, taking in items like the body’s shadow as explicit means of gaging where the body is and how it is moving in relation to other objects.”