I very surprised by my first interaction with World of Warcraft in section today. There is no apparent end to the game. I also wasn’t able to come up with a final goal of WoW. Rather, it was a string of individual tasks and challenges that would reward the player with a new object or information on yet another quest. This was unexpected because I found it difficult at first to understand the addictive quality of the game. Yes, it was a magical world to explore, and although I enjoyed the game, I did not yet feel the addictive qualities that have led to such highly-frequented and successful game. Leading my night elf throughout the virtual world, I ran into so many other players, understnding how many people were participating in this world. However, I realized that what I enjoyed about the game was that there was constantly something to do. The quests led me to explore other areas, practice new skills and acquire more objects all while accomplishing set tasks. Later on, as I was reading Terranova, I couldn’t help to draw the connection between his idea of free labor on the internet and collective knowledge with the workings of WoW. The willingness to perform these small tasks in order is like the digital labor Terranova describes. Not only is the player always on the move to fulfill these tasks, but the tasks are actually requests by other creatures who benefit from the outcome. The player is merely rewarded with a tool or object. On the internet, we willingly provide information on ourselves and our whereabouts, ultimately creating a huge database that companies can use to tailor their products and marketing to us.