World of Warcraft was an interesting experience insofar as orienting a linguistic economy around the structures that are presented in the narrative of the game. “Linguistic” in terms of the limited language of actions that are available to characters during the game (this is certainly wide-sweeping and complicated: for example, my character, a blood elf, had his sword as well as a set of other powers he gained as he moved up levels). “Economy” is clearly present in the game seeing as the interaction players have with the quests and the corpses they kill deal with a trading of goods, but those goods can only be accessed through the “language” of the game. For me, what seems to be an interesting crux in the game is the way this linguistic economy has its foundation based in potential: the ability to engage in this economy is choice based; what highlights this strange threshold of action is the ability to engage linguistically in the game but not economically: wandering through the Sunspire in my world, I realized you could select and kill cats, which were not part of a mission and had no loot in their corpse. What does this represent in terms of relating excesses of linguistic action (excesses of what you can do in the game) that are extra-economic? How does this redefine the relation of the player to animals that are killed for quests? Does this isolate killing from the economic factors in the game?