The concept of big data is the topic I have most been intrigued by in this class. The magnitude of both potential benefits and pending dangers that big data and its applications bring makes this computing paradigm one of the most incendiary technological advancements in modern times. As explained by Rouvroy, “What all this suggests is that an intensive replacement of human observation, evaluation and prediction by autonomic processes might well deprive us, in part at least, of our abilities to make normative judgements, and, more fundamentally even, to set new norms” As the power and effectiveness of big data continues to expand, so does blind reliance and black-boxing of calculative processes that perpetuate previously human led processes.  How far then we allow data to curb our human determinism? As I see finance turning to automotive and and programmed trading, and hospitals relying on data analysis programs like IBM healthcare to treat human patients, I truly wonder if a future bereft of human intuition and and cultural modification is actually possible. As our big data becomes bigger, will it be possible for us to alter these systems to reflect our changing morality and ethics? Or will certain big data become so ubiquitous and robust where it itself will become a determinant of how we define our worldly outlook.