I have thought a lot about this sometimes just randomly, thinking about where we can go from here in terms of technology. It seems like nothing is never completely “new” anymore, everything is redone or remade to be attractive to a certain group of people or designed to be more convenient. However, for example, I don’t think the “SmartWatch” blew anybody away – I think we all knew it was coming. In Cramer’s post-digital article he says, “In this so-called ‘digital age’ people are more and more drawn to things that they can materially connect with. The aesthetic possibilities offered by cine film are not simply visual, they can also be felt…it has a physical tangibility…and the images therefore have a material basis in a way that the digital image can never have.” This is very interesting. Every film buff is obsessed with the 35mm and/or this also relates to the recent phenomenon of Polaroids making a comeback—not just literally but also within the design of the app Instagram – that is what its whole idea is based off of: how can we make art through a white square frame? Another quote I found engaging from that article was “In this sense, ‘post-digital’ is more or less synonymous with the contemporary-art term ‘Post Internet’ as coined by the artist Marisa Olson and defined by the critic Gene McHugh in 2010 on his blog of the same name: “Any hope for the Internet to make things easier, _to reduce the anxiety of my existence, was simply over_ – it failed – and it was just another thing to deal with. It became the place where business was conducted, and bills were paid. It became the place where people tracked you down.” This is relatable because we all live in this world where technology is so infiltrating in terms of tracking us, that we like to escape into film noir/polaroids/typewriters, etc.