Financial Details

Financial Details

Tuition information (unless you have tuition insurance) according to the Tuition Refund Policy available on the Bursar’s website. The Bursar’s Office may also be reached by calling (401) 863-2484.

Meal Plan: A student may request a pro-rata credit on Dining Services charges by presenting a copy of the leave form to the Dining Services Office on the lower level of the Sharpe Refectory (Thayer Street, 401-863-3343). If the student taking the leave has left campus, the Registrar’s Office will notify Dining Services.

Residential Life: A student should contact the Housing Office at (401) 863-3500 for a refund schedule.

Loans: A student who has received loans as part of her/his/their financial aid must contact the University Loan Office at (401) 863-3296 or by email at regarding loan repayment requirements, contact lenders about the change in enrollment, and review benefits that may be available to assist them during the leave.

Financial Aid: A student receiving financial aid should contact a financial aid counselor by calling (401) 863-2721, by emailing, or visiting the Financial Aid website. Refunds from scholarships or grants are credited through the Financial Aid Office. The balance is available to the student and/or payer.

For updated Health Insurance details please see the website for Brown’s Insurance Office here.

Health Services and Student Activity Fees: The Health Services fee is not refunded if a student leaves the University at any time after the start of the semester. The Student Activity fee is not refunded after the tenth day of classes for the semester.